How to make your curls hold and last in just 10 steps!
1) I always begin with freshly washed hair.
Prep with heat protection, primer, oil etc. Your preference on hair care products.
Hair must be 100% dry!
I blow dry mine smooth with ghd Helios.
2) I always recommend a tong or wand for hair that tends to drop or for finer/longer hair. By using a tong/wand, the hair will be wrapped around and this will give more volume & bounce to the hair.
Here I am using the ghd classic curl tong.
3) Mist every section with ghd curl hold spray before curling!
This contains heat protection & a memory hold polymer to make your curls bounce back into shape even after the brush out.
4) Start from the top and work down!
This will allow the top and the front the longest amount of time to set into it’s curl shape for maximum hold and curl retention. (After all, the front is the most important!)
5) Tap out the curl, catch it in your hand and pin into shape whilst it’s still hot! This part is super important!
6) Continue to work your way down the head, finishing at the nape of the neck.
7) Mist hair with ghd hairspray.
8) Wait for all pin curls to fully cool before removing!
Also very important part. Remove pins, bottom first, working up to the top.
9) Spray some more hairspray onto ghd paddle brush & then brush through to dress out. (This will reduce static hairs when brushing and smooth hairs into place)
10) Don’t be scared of brushing out! As long as you have followed all steps above, your curls will not drop and will bounce into shape nicely. (Opt for wide tooth comb to dress out if you don’t want the result to be as soft & together as mine)
Will you be trying these 10 steps for your curls? Let me know what you think!